In my booklet ‘Reading the Preston Temple’ I comment on the symbolic meaning of certain numbers. Some people have expressed an interest in the symbolic meaning of numbers found in the scriptures so I thought I would share some thoughts on some significant numbers.
1 – God, Unity
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: (Deut 6:4)
2 – symbolizes witness and support.
- Two witnesses establish truth (Matthew 26:60).
- The disciples were sent two by two (Luke 10:1).
- The Ten Commandments were inscribed on two tablets of stone.
- The Old and New Testament
3 – Signifies completion or perfection, and unity.
- Three is the number of Personages in the Godhead.
- Many significant events in the Bible happened “on the third day” (Hosea 6:2).
- Jesus’ earthly ministry lasted three years
- This number operates as a “sign-post” in Scripture study for the reader to “pay attention” to the significance…
View original post 402 more words